July 2019 - June 2020
Conservation of fragile ecosystems in the southwest of Loreto.
- Complete the process for the establishment of the ACR Aguas Calientes Maquia and provide it with legal and social security.
Laying the foundations for the establishment of the ACR Tapiche Blanco and solving its problems of overlap and others that delay the process.
Lines of action:
Creation of two regional conservation areas for the protection of fragile ecosystems.
Andes Amazon Fund.
- 9 Native Communities –Nuevo Capanahua, Lobo Santa Rocino, Spain, Frontera, Palmera del Tapiche, Wicungo, Yarina Frontera Topal, Monte Alegre and Nuestra Señora de Fátima- and 5 Peasant Communities –Pacasmayo, Canchalagua, Morales Bermudez, Puerto Ángel and San Pedro - in the Tapiche and Blanco river basin.
Federation of the Communities of the Tapiche and Blanco Rivers (FECORITAYB).
- Association of 5 United Towns of Ucayali that integrates 5 peasant communities -Nuevo Isla Banos, Nuevo Encanto de Suni, Monte de los Olivos, Canelos, Alto Perillo- and 1 Native Communities -Nuevo Canchahuaya.
New ACR Varíllales de Arenas Blancas Tapiche - Blanco and ACR Aguas
Scope of execution:
Natural Region: Low Forest
Provinces: Requena, Ucayali
Districts: Soplín, Curinga, Santa Elena, Maquía, Contamana, Pampa Hermosa, Alfredo Vargas Guerra.
Basins: Blanco, Tapiche, Maquia and Chunuya
- Aguas Calientes Maqui with approximately 101,970.73 hectares (251,975.16 acres).
Tapiche-Blanco with approximately 308,462.73 hectares (762,228.00 acres).
- Establishment of the Aguas Calientes Maquía Regional Conservation Area.
Bases for the establishment of the Tapiche-Blanco Regional Conservation Area.
Map of the proposals for regional conservation areas Aguas Calientes Maquía and Tapiche-Blanco