From October 2016 to September 2018.
"Building durable conservation areas and strengthening governance in the Yavarí-Samiria Mosaic, Loreto, Peru"
Consolidate conservation in an important extension of the Yavarí-Samiria Mosaic, by strengthening the governance of the Matses National Reserve and implementing the adequate protection of the Yavarí-Tapiche Indigenous Reserve proposal.
Line of action:
1) Strengthening governance and management of the Matses National Reserve (RNM).
2) Definition of roles and responsibilities of the Yavarí - Tapiche Indigenous Reserve, its implementation and its incorporation into the local, regional and national development plan.
We have the financing of the cooperating entity Moore.
• Native and peasant communities and settlements located around the RNM or in its areas of influence, mainly in the northern part of the Reserve.
• Organizations representing individual farmers and producers. Associations of landowners adjacent to the ANP
• Matsés National Reserve (RNM), through its Headquarters and Management Committee
• Communities adjacent to the Yavarí Tapiche Indigenous Reserve Proposal (RIYT)
• Neighboring communities and settlements or rights that overlap with the RIYT
• Isolated indigenous peoples in neighboring protected areas (RNM, RIYT and Sierra del Divisor National Park)
• Indigenous organizations in the area of interest of the project.
Scope of execution
Natural region: Low jungle
Districts: Yaquerana, Requena and Soplin and Alto Tapiche
Basins: Yavari, Tapiche, Río Alemán, Bajo Ucayali, Chobayacu, Gálvez and Yaquerana.
• Matsés National Reserve (RNM): 420 635.34 ha.
• Proposed Yavarí Tapiche Indigenous Reserve (RIYT): Approximately 1.02 million ha.
• Yavari Mirin Indigenous Reserve Proposal: Approximately 1.37 million ha.
• Sierra del Divisor National Park: 1,354,485.10 ha.
• Sanitation of buffer zone communities: Approximately. 120,000 ha.
Map of the project «Building durable conservation areas and strengthening governance in the Yavarí Mosaic - Samiria, Loreto, Peru»
To request more information write to us at email@example.com.